We act as accountants and business advisors for a number of charities across Lancashire and Cumbria. RfM is committed to supporting and guiding non-profit organisations to define and achieve their business goals.
We understand that, as a charity, you must operate with transparency, trust and for the public benefit. We also know that operating as a charity is not easy, with so many regulations that must be followed.
Accounting and advice for charities
Our experience of accounting for charities is extensive and we can provide support whether you are just setting up or are already established.
We can advise on :
- charity structure
- the trustees report
- the allocation of funding to the correct charitable fund
- compliance with charities SORP
- VAT planning
- Gift Aid
- mitigating corporation tax liabilities
- the use of trading subsidiaries
- property transactions.
We can also help with operational aspects of running a charity, such as:
- acting as a trustee or as a key expert to add strength to your Board
- assessing risk, managing risk and ensuring you have strong governance procedures in place
- helping you to put robust financial and management reporting systems and controls in place. This will provide a greater level of trust in your management information
- providing audit and assurance services
- providing business support services including Payroll
- giving access to appropriate accounting software and training in how to use it.