Congratulations on making the decision to start your own business. Whether you’re just making plans to get started or are a little further down the line, you probably already have lots of questions about your business accounts and administration.
Here right from the start
Our business startup services are designed to help you with your business right from the beginning. We work closely with you to deal with those questions as they arise and help you to resolve any issues, so you can concentrate on running your new business.
As a business owner you’ll wear many hats. You’ll be the finance department, HR director, sales manager, IT expert… but that doesn’t mean you have to be an expert in all these areas. You just need to know the right people who can offer you the support you need appropriate to your business. And that’s where we can help.
Services for startups
We can help you decide whether you will set up your business as a sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company. We’ll also help you with the relevant paperwork if you decide to incorporate as a limited company.
Business planning, forecasting and budgeting
We can help you put together a business plan. This will include financial projections so you can see on paper how likely it is that your idea can be turned into a successful business. Your business plan will also include details of projected sales, margins, overheads and the breakeven position.
A thorough business plan is also essential if you need to access funding to get your plans off the ground. Your lender may also refer back to our business plan to monitor progress once the business is up and running.
Business startup funding
Our startup specialists will review the financial position of your business to help you determine how your new venture will be financed. Once we have these insights we can put together a plan for the best type (or types) of business funding. We aren’t restricted to traditional lenders and the high street and our recommendations may include marketplace lenders, asset finance or specialist banks. We also consider whether any suitable grants or subsidies are available.
Additional services for startups
As your advisors we can also:
- connect you with a suitable banking advisor and help establish a good working relationship
- take care of business registration procedures with Companies House (if relevant) and HMRC
- perform company secretarial duties, including new company formation
- help you determine your computer hardware, software, network and IT requirements, and organise any training as appropriate
- advise you on your record keeping and systems that are required, including cloud accounting
- provide support with bookkeeping
- set up a PAYE scheme
- advise on the requirement for CIS registration
- advise on whether you need to register for VAT and the impact of VAT on your record keeping. We can also help you to complete VAT returns each quarter if appropriate
- be on hand to offer support and guide you through any difficult issues that may arise as a new business
- work with you to set medium term financial goals and manage your cashflow, so that you are well placed to manage the overall finances of the business.