When you outsource your payroll services to RfM, we effectively become your Payroll Department. Which means you can get back to what you do best – running your business.
Whether you have a staff of one or one hundred employees, we can ensure your payroll is always managed efficiently and in compliance with HMRC rules. Our experienced administrators manage payroll for businesses in many different industry sectors so you can have peace of mind that your staff will always be paid correctly.
Comprehensive payroll services
As required, our in-house payroll team will:
- manage PAYE, National Insurance Contributions (NICs), maternity and paternity payments, student loans and other deductions
- complete required forms and returns
- file Real Time Information (RTI) summaries to HMRC on your behalf each pay period
- provide payslips for staff members. We provide payslips electronically to your staff each pay period using our secure document exchange system. This is more efficient and secure than paper payslips.
- help set up a workplace pension and ensure you comply with the automatic enrolment responsibilities.
- deal with matters relating to Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) deductions.
- complete P11d returns and put in place an expenses and benefits policy and procedures
- advise on termination payments and how these can be structured tax efficiently.
The government has introduced new rules to ensure that all employees have access to workplace pensions to save for their retirement. The process of signing your employees up to your company’s pension scheme is called Auto Enrolment.
The legislation for Auto Enrolment requires all employers to have a qualifying pension scheme in place by a ‘staging date’ as set by The Pensions Regulator. The rules apply whether a company has one employee or 1,000. As well as providing access to a scheme, the employer is also obliged to make regular contributions into their employees’ pensions each pay period.
Our helpful guide to Auto Enrolment explains your responsibilities as an employer and key issues that you will need to address.
Here are some of the key questions you will need to think about in advance of your staging date.
When do I have to start auto enrolment?
By now, you should have received a letter from The Pensions Regulator to remind you of when Auto Enrolment starts for your business. If you have not received your letter, you can check your staging date here.
Your staging date may still seem some time away but, ideally, you should start planning 6 to 12 months in advance of that deadline. We advise you contact your RfM advisor as soon as possible to discuss the implications of the new rules for your business.
Who will provide my pension scheme?
It is your responsibility as an employer to put an appropriate scheme in place. We can help by reviewing your workforce, looking at your options and making recommendations for a suitable workplace pensions provider.
How do I enrol my employees and manage contributions?
Enrolling workers and managing the payment of contributions will require quite a lot of work. We can help with the enrolment process in addition to any ongoing payroll services we currently provide to you, including:
• assessing which workers need to be enrolled into the pension scheme
• calculating employee and employer pension contributions
• preparing payment schedules for the workplace pensions provider.
What else must I do to be compliant?
Firstly, there are the inevitable forms to complete and records that you must keep to comply with Auto Enrolment rules. We can help with the necessary paperwork to complete your registration with The Pensions Regulator and will work with you to ensure you have the correct records. It is worth noting that there are penalties for non-compliance.
What else do I need to do?
There are certain communications that you, as an employer, must send to your worker and precise dates by which you must supply the information to your workers.
How much is auto enrolment going to cost?
The costs will be individual to your business, please contact your RfM advisor for an illustration.